Renovations and Tenant Interiors Industrial Entertainment College/University Entertainment College/University Healthcare Cultural Corporate/Office College/University

THE HAVERFORD SCHOOL

Size112,000 SF
LocationHaverford, PA
OwnerThe Haverford School

Wilson Hall, the building that housed The Haverford School at its founding in 1903, is the most important physical symbol of the School’s long tradition. The building embodies the identity of this nationally recognized independent school for boys, and gives the school its presence on Lancaster Avenue, the thoroughfare that unites Philadelphia’s Main Line. Wilson Hall was renovated to supplement a new 87,000 SF, four-story Upper School building, along with the re-construction of the Severinghaus Library which was demolished and relocated to the rear of Wilson Hall. The interior of this 25,000 SF campus centerpiece was gutted to create more efficient administrative office and classroom spaces. It was renovated into a technologically advanced administration building, while retaining its beloved historic character. Original spaces were retained, including the high-ceilinged ‘Big Room’ on the top floor, restored as a distance learning classroom and boardroom.

< PREVIOUS PROJECT NEXT PROJECT>
 
< BACK TO HISTORIC RENOVATION

012